On the surface: cool as a cucumber.
On the inside, squirrel in traffic.
Excellence is never an accident; it is the result of the high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision see obstacles as opportunities.
Don’t make a change to complicated. Just begin.
Another day, another opportunity to be amazing.
Gratitude is the wine for the soul. Go on. Get Drunk!
In life you are either a passenger or a pilot. It’s your choice.
You’re the driver of your own life, don’t let anyone steal your seat.
On the surface: cool as a cucumber.
1. Do not dominate, but guide and inspire – loyalty, trust and co-creation can only truly come from a true ‘yes’ from the other. The key is to inspire the other to want to be their best selves, and to enjoy what you are inviting them into.
2. Remove fear and obligation from your lexicon – neither lead with it, nor be lead by it. Dignity for all parties is the only way to live.
3. Improvise rather than choreograph – think about your time with the other as a blank canvas on which you will both paint. Rather than plow ahead with your plans and agenda, be acutely present to the influences of the other, and co-create.
4. Connection is more valuable than obedience.
5. Take the time needed to build trust – the link between you and the other is fragile. It is built link by link, moment by moment. And creating trust takes time, slowness, and presence.
6. Do not let your dreams and ambitions eclipse your happiness in the moment. The only way to achieve your dreams and ambitions is to see the beauty in the reality of what you have in this moment.
7. Stop being a leader (or partner, wife, mother, father, husband, etc) – your concepts and ideas of what it means to be these things gets in the way of just truly being with others in the moment. It adds stress and tension, and trust is not built with stress and tension.
8. Sometimes let the other ‘win’ – when you listen to and honor the edges and comfort level of the other, you are actually winning too… you are winning their trust and confidence.
9. If the other disconnects, keep your connection with them alive anyway – resist the temptation to disconnect or ‘treat the other as they treat you’ when they disconnect. Someone has to rekindle the connection, and it may as well be you.
10. A task ‘well done’ by you or the other with tension or resentment is not a task well done. Re-assess tasks and accomplishments by how much ease, joy, freedom and happiness are within them.
11. Assist the other to be their best self, that is…more confident, self-contained and beautifully expressive.
12. Ninety-five percent of leadership and loving is your inner state, 5% is what you do or say –the other attunes to what we feel inside, the energy we contain. It doesn’t matter if you use the right tool, or do the ‘right’ thing, if your energy is unclear, or ambiguous or distorted, it will not work.
13. Be masterful with your inner state – be clear and precise with your internal state. Be deliberate about how that inner state is applied to the other. Don’t be sloppy.
14. Start with a mental picture – what ever you want to achieve, start with a clear mental picture. Your body, thoughts, and energy will follow and line up. And you will create from there.
15. It’s not necessary to ‘end on a good note’ – this adds more pressure and tension. The best ‘note’ is in listening to the other, and letting things stop there. The fact that you listened builds trust.
16. Boundaries are essential – your message to the other is always: ‘be free, be happy, we can be together in that, but there are rules to such engagement and one of them is you cannot harm me in your freedom’.
17. Celebrate small successes more often – everyone loves to know they were successful at something. Have an eye for all the small successes and recognize them warmly.
18. Listen to what the other needs – so when you encounter another, your first question to ask yourself is, ‘what do they need?’. When this is your first question, then your engagement with them is caring and safe. This liberates creativity.
19. Be humble and gracious – this is true empowerment. It doesn’t matter if you are speaking to an important world dignitary, or a homeless person on the street. Everyone deserves the highest regard.
20. Don’t be the best – just be the best human you can be. Sincerity of heart outweighs skill.
21. Forget about work / life differentiation – be a good human in all endeavors, your truest self, your most present self. Why would you be different in your work than in the rest of your life?
The essential joy of being with horses is that is brings us into contact with the elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire.
Sharon Ralls Lemon
May we be closer to our kindest humanity this season. May we listen more, speak less, inspire more and control less. May we be joyful. May we evoke joy in others.
“Like comedy, horror has an ability to provoke thought and further the conversation on real social issues in a very powerful way.”
“It’s a no-win situation with politics; it’s always going to be stressful. I’m more into the comedy of life.”
Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not understood.
“The satisfaction to be derived from success in a great constructive enterprise is one of the most massive that life has to offer.”
Bertrand Russell, The Conquest of Happiness
Treat everyone with politeness and kindness, not because they are nice, but because you are.
If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.
Find the good. It’s all around you. Find it, showcase it, and you’ll start believing in it.
Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.
Zora Neale Hurston
It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.
“When it comes to what you really want in life. Don’t take no for an answer. Take no for a question and Go for it!”
Bernard Kelvin Clive
“IF PEOPLE ARE NOT LAUGHING AT YOUR GOALS, YOUR GOALS ARE TOO SMALL”
“The true cost of following your dreams isn’t what you sacrifice when you chase them, it’s what you lose when you don’t”
Simon S. Tam
“Your true passions will rise you up before the sun, to pick you up where you left off long after the moon went to bed. When we respond to the beckon of these kinds of intrinsic dreams they will make exciting the most tedious of work, they will lighten the heaviest of burdens, and will enable us to focus with laser precision on whatever array of tasks may be at hand for their progress.”
“Be careful of what you dream and expect in life. You might just get it.”
Manoj Arora, Dream On
“The only way your dream will never come true is if you choose not to listen to it.”
Michelle Muriel, Essie’s Roses
“Let money follow your dreams. Don’t let your dreams follow money.”
E’yen A. Gardner
“Live in your dream. Refuse to wake up until it is completely over. Then dream again.”
Bangambiki Habyarimana, The Great Pearl of Wisdom
“Love yourself and dream bigger.”
Teresa Collins, Live LIFE in All Caps: The Teresa Collins Story
“Your dream will never let you rest, it will keep knocking at your mind’s door instill imagination which will lead to a creative mind. Let loose your imagination and begin to create everything that’s given to you before the foundations of the earth. Dream like never before.”
“It is the possibility of the dream, which quickens my spirit to take action. You have enough to create what you want. You can have all your heart’s desires.”
Lailah Gifty Akita, Pearls of Wisdom: Great mind
“If your steps are smaller than your dreams, you should increase your walking speed by hard work”
“Every dream is the beginning of a new life in your thoughts..”
“Dreams don’t come true, they are true.”
Brian Spellman, if the mind fits, shrink it.
“When reality hurts, make sure to soar above the dream-stained sky!”
“Success = Dream x Plan x Work Conscious dreams are essential components of your success. When you are backed up by a convincing dream, meticulous planning, and 100% execution, you are bound to be victorious.”
Vishwasutras: Universal Principles for Living: Inspired by Real-Life Experiences
“Those not chasing their dreams should stay out of the way of those who are.”
“You are worthy of your wildest dreams.”
The strongest principle of growth lies in human choice.
No man is truly great who is great only in his lifetime. The test of greatness is the page of history.
“Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.”
Mary Kay Ash, Businesswoman
“Do one thing every day that scares you.”
Eleanor Roosevelt, Politician, Diplomat, and Activist
“Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure you do things differently from everyone else.”
Sara Blakely, Billionaire Entrepreneur
“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.”
Madeleine Albright, Politician and Diplomat
“A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.”
If I could give my younger self just one piece of advice, it would be this: stop being so afraid! That’s really what strikes me when I look back.
“Find out who you are and be that person. That’s what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth and everything else will come.”
Ellen DeGeneres, Activist, Producer, and TV Host
“You can’t calm the storm, so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass.”
For me, music and life are all about style.
You can’t base your life on other people’s expectations.
Life is much less a competitive struggle for survival than a triumph of cooperation and creativity.
Courtesy of theCHIVE
U.S. laws should have a mandatory 10 yr. review to see if the law implemented has benefited society or damaged it.
Teachers should be asking students to write short 1-page essays and dock them points for not being concise instead of requiring long 4-page essays. In everyday life, no one likes to read a wall of text.
The good thing about being ugly is that when girls laugh at your jokes you know they’re funny.
Barn owls must have been stoked when barns were invented.
Your alarm tone should be randomized every morning so you don’t get conditioned to hate the sound.
Statistically 100% of World Wars are caused by Austrians.
Fake phone numbers in movies should be voicemail lines that just advertise upcoming movies.
You can go the rest of your life without eating or drinking.
Someday archaeologists are going to dig up Disney World and think that it was some type of bizarre mouse-worshiping kingdom.
Harry Potter was recently translated into its 80th language. What if it became a kind of “Rosetta Stone” in the future?
Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people.
If the Earth is flat, how is it a global conspiracy?
What if the reason Kenny’s parents are so poor is because they have to keep paying for funerals?
We always say “stupid autocorrect” but never give it positive feedback for the 97% of the work it does.
Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.
Swiss Army knives are like 8% knife.
There are three types of people in the world: People who are happy they bought Bitcoin, people who wish they had bought Bitcoin and people who are waiting for the whole thing to blow up so they can laugh at the first two people.
If identical twin sisters become pregnant from the same guy then their kids will be full siblings genetically speaking.
When someone gets a nose bleed in a movie it’s ominous that they either have cancer or are telepathic. When someone gets a nose bleed IRL it’s because the air is dry or they pick their nose.
Snails and slugs would be the scariest things ever if they were very fast.
If bread goes bad we throw it away, If bananas go bad we make bread out of them.
Maybe North Korea has been trying to hit somebody this whole time, they just play off their misses as “tests”
Sanity is just the belief that the voice inside your head is your own.
The older you get, the happier you are when getting socks as gifts.
At this rate, the winner of “Best Picture” will just be whatever movie has the fewest sex criminals associated with it.
Whoever coined the phrase “dad bod” missed a golden opportunity to redefine “father figure.”
Peeing in public is only forbidden if you open your pants.
Fleeing from police is like choosing the double or nothing option.
If Congress was paid the Federal minimum wage the minimum wage would be a lot higher.
So much great porn goes unwatched due to poor thumbnail choices.
Dogs are basically coasting through life on good looks and charm.
Spicy food is like BDSM for your mouth.
Megan Trainor has lost a lot of weight since becoming rich and famous off a song about how men should be attracted to overweight women instead of skinny ones.
They say that great minds think alike, but so do small minds. Never underestimate the power of stupid in large amounts.
Too many birthdays will kill you.
The first lesson in sex ed class should be how much money it costs to care for a child.
It’s a good thing the first person they tested penicillin on wasn’t allergic to penicillin.
Raisins are just grapes who gave up their looks for immortality.
Michael Phelps was born because he was the fastest swimmer..
The fact that there’s a Highway to Hell and only a Stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic.
The best time to look for a new job is when you already have one. The worst time to look for a new girlfriend is when you already have one.
In 40 years, all of the different Spice Girls will just be Old Spice.
If you use a wind farm to power a fan, you’re just teleporting the breeze.
A guy with red haired parents is a Ginger-bred Man.
If ostriches could fly the sky would be a terrifying place.
Anybody that questions why you are shoveling six inches of snow in the *middle* of a snowstorm hasn’t shoveled twelve inches of snow at the end of a snowstorm.
The Olympics is the only time when you hear “Great execution by North Korea” and it seems okay.
The Bronze winner is always happier than the one who wins Silver.
Imagine how more popular the Olympics would be if it were the leaders competing for their country instead of athletes.
The 2 most abundant things in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity and I don’t know which is the more.
Q. How do you know your date with the fighter pilot is half over?
A. He says “but enough about me – wanna hear about my plane?”
Q: How do you know if there is a fighter pilot at your party?
A: He’ll tell you.
Q: What’s the difference between a fighter pilot and a jet engine?
A: A jet engine stops whining when the plane shuts down.
Q: What’s the difference between God and fighter pilots?
A: God doesn’t think he’s a fighter pilot.
Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death … I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing!
(Sign over the entrance to the old SR-71 operating base
There is no reason to fly through a thunderstorm in peacetime.
(Sign over squadron OPS desk at Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ, 1970).
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless!!!
A pilot’s job is very simple…. there are 3 lights on an aircraft, red on left wing tip, green on right wing tip, white on the tail….. Your job, as a pilot is to keep the plane between these 3 lights!!!!
(Sonny Kellum, Flight Instructor)
Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there.
Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of under-standing or doing anything about it.
Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII: When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible.
If you’re faced with a forced landing, fly the thing as far into the crash as possible.
(Bob Hoover – renowned aerobatic and test pilot)
“Love creates hope and embraces future possibilities.”
John Hope Bryant
In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
Wherever the art of Medicine is loved, there is also a love of Humanity.
Love is manifested through service to others.
John Hope Bryant
Never forget that justice is what love looks like in public.
If you join a fight for social justice you may win or lose, but just by being part of the struggle, you win, and your life will be better for it.
When an individual is protesting society’s refusal to acknowledge his dignity as a human being, his very act of protest confers dignity on him.
You receive from the world what you give to the world.
“Neurologists claim that every time you resist acting on your anger, you’re actually rewiring your brain to be calmer and more loving.”
“When you can’t look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark.”
“Don’t resist chances. Take them like vitamins”
Dance with God until he lets someone cut in
I don’t fear commitment, I fear wasting my time.
“There’s something in you that the world needs.”
If you want to feel rich, just count all the gifts you have that money can’t buy.
“Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. There was no one there.”
“And suddenly all the love songs were about you.”
Good times become good memories and bad times become good lessons.
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
Life is like ice cream. Enjoy it before it melts.
“I for one believe that if you give people a thorough understanding of what confronts them and the basic causes that produce it, they’ll create their own program, and when the people create a program, you get action.”
“If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life.”
“Indeed, the challenge of the new millennium is surely to find ways to achieve international – or better, intercommunity – cooperation wherein human diversity is acknowledged and the rights of all are respected.”
The Dalai Lama
“We were not born with the unhealthy habits we carry. We had to learn them. So we can unlearn them, and help others do the same.”
“A leader is someone who is self-directed and does not allow anyone to place barriers.”
“You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.”
George Horace Lorimer
“Leadership is the ability to see a problem and then seek a solution and ACT – without sitting back and hoping and waiting for someone else to tackle it.”
“Leaders are a repairer of the breach. A partner across cultures and oceans.”
Judge LaJune Lange
“The freedom we are looking for is the freedom to be ourselves, to express ourselves.”
Don Miguel Ruiz
“Men must not only know, they must act.”