It’s Sunday. In the Western Hemisphere, summer is beginning to fade. What are you going to fill your September with? May we recommend kindness. A kind life is a happy life. Try it.
“You can tell by the kindness of a dog how a human should be.”
“Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.”
Lucius Annaeus Seneca
The future is obscured for us all. This is a time of great change. Be kind now, while you can.
I get it. He said something awful and you got mad. Remember all of those times that you’ve said something stupid? We all do it all the time. Take a deep breath. Be kind.
Sick of the chaos? The world is filled with beauty. Take your eyes off the chaos for an hour or 10. Be kind to you.
Thank you sun for rising today so beautifully . Thank you world for supporting me. Thank you for another chance to be kind.
Sometimes, the kindest thing you can do is light a candle and send a kind thought out to the world.
Oy. A new week. Stop just for a moment. Put your hand on your heart. Is it beating? Take a breath. Imagine perpetrating a kindness. Get to work. Everything else will fall in line.
Quotes September 08, 2019
- Filed under Quotes
- making mistakes is normal -- 9/19/19 September 19, 2019Today's encore selection -- from Teach Like a Champion 2.0: 62 Techniques that Put Students on the Path to College by Doug Lemov. Error is normal, and making mistakes is a necessary part of learning. In Teach Like a Champion, Doug Lemov's brilliant distillation of 49 techniques for teachers to use to improve student performance, […]
- a janitor named leeuwenhoek changes the world -- 9/18/19 September 18, 2019Today's selection -- from Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif. A Dutch janitor and shopkeeper named Antony Leeuwenhoek discovered microbes and the minute details of many other things by grinding his own lenses, making hundreds of microscopes, and spending 20 years in near isolation peering at these never-before-seen items: "Two hundred and fifty years ago an obscure man named […]
- Lawyers, Guns and Money publishes; New York Minute (free today only) September 16, 2019To celebrate the publication of Lawyers, Guns and Money today, I’ve put New York Minute for free today, 16 Sept. Also free is Burners. The pre-order for the third book in the series, coming out in December, is also live. Walk on the Wild Side. Also, today is the last day for the Off the […]Bob
- Trojan Warrior– An Attempt To Make a “Super” Soldier September 11, 2019When I was in 10th Special Forces, we tried a program that was called Trojan Warrior. 2 A-Teams were chosen to participate in this, while my team took all the tests, but didn’t get the training, as the measuring mark. Those teams were taught meditation, proper diet, biofeedback and more. They had sports experts come […]Bob
- How Not To Kill Time September 16, 2019Why does time seem to go faster as we grow older? Continue readingHugh's Views and News
- 5 Ways I’ve Become A Better Blogger September 10, 2019What could you do to become a better blogger? These are the five actions I've taken. Continue readingHugh's Views and News
- How You Can Get An Article Published In A Magazine Or Online – by Derek Haines… September 19, 2019on Just Publishing Advice: Article publishing can be a significant first step on your publishing journey Many new writers think that they should write a book. Then they leap instantly into publishing and try to become a published author. If you are a first-time author, getting a book deal with a traditional publisher is very […]The Story Reading Ape
- Writing in a New Genre. Should You Do It? – by Janice Hardy… September 19, 2019on Fiction University: Common publishing advice says stick to one genre, but what happens when you want to write in other genres? Should you take the leap or stay where you are? Continue reading HEREThe Story Reading Ape
- common ground. September 19, 2019feeding the worms and roll-poly’s everyone’s got to eat all meals are free and served with love “food is our common ground.” -james beard Advertisementsbeth
- This Fall, Fall in Love with Books September 19, 2019Originally posted on Nicholas C. Rossis: This Fall, fall in love with some great romance books, FREE or 99c! Accent on Romance Giveaway Accent on Romance and Great Books Great Deals are running a collaborative promo until September 20th. Three…Charles Yallowitz
- Sally’s Cafe and Bookstore – New Book on the Shelves – A Bit about Britain’s History by Mike Biles September 19, 2019Delighted to feature the new release from Mike Biles – A Bit about Britain’s History: From a long time ago to quite recently. About the book Could this short, elegant, volume be the only book on British history you’ll ever … Continue reading →Smorgasbord - Variety is the Spice of Life.
- Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day September 19, 2019 bluebird of bitterness
- Wednesday weirdness September 18, 2019From the description on YouTube: “We were hanging out at the pool when, suddenly, a mattress flew into the fenced-in area. When a second and third one came in, we stood up, I grabbed my camera, and this is what we saw. Apparently there was a ‘Movie Night Under The Stars’ and in Denver, Colorado […]bluebird of bitterness
- College Football Season Has Officially Begun… August 31, 2019I find myself, today, looking up the football schedule for the University of South Carolina. We’ve always been a LSU family because H went to school there. It doesn’t hurt that I’m from Louisiana. Then…Andrew decided to go to Troy State University to pursue his college career. That’s when he became a part of The […]Elle Knowles
- 36 Truths from 36 Years August 23, 2019Today I turn 36! Age is just a number, they say, and the older I get, the more I realize the truth in that statement. With every year, I feel both changed and exactly the same. There are parts of me that will always be and there are parts that will shift over time. One […]positively present
- Frost on my cratch… 14/09/2019. #narrowboat #boating September 14, 2019Not a heavy frost, I’ll grant you, but a frost this morning nonetheless. So that’s it then. Polar bears at … MoreIan Hutson
- Will you walk into my parlour?’ said the Spider to the Fly. #narrowboat #boating September 12, 2019I didn’t know whether to laugh or to regurgitate my supper. Sometime during the night last night- I have no … MoreIan Hutson
- Chiropractic Update September 18, 2019I wish I could say I'm 100% better. However, I'm still having problems stabilizing the C2 and C3 vertebra.I have not been able to go more than 7 days without getting those 2 pesky vertebra out of alignment. That means I haven't been able to start PT yet.I fully accept that part of the problem […]Joan Reeves
- Batten Down the Hatches September 17, 2019A tropical depression landed on Galveston Island and immediately became Tropical Storm Imelda.It's been 2 years since Hurricane Harvey, and everyone gets nervous when it starts raining like this.Takeaway TruthThe weather talking heads say the storm is moving fast and will rush through the area. I hope they're right.Joan Reeves
- The Amazing CAPE PENINSULA – Breathtaking Scenic Ocean Drives, Penguins & the Cape of Good Hope April 3, 2019********* The Cape Peninsula and Western Cape region are absolutely breathtaking! I especially love the turquoise waters that are so typical for the Cape scenery. You can instantly recognize this region just by that color – that’s how special it is! A Road Trip Around the Cape Peninsula One of the most fun things to do […]Gundi Gabrielle
- Lucile Doll Wise, 43-7 | August 2, 2018 August 17, 2018"Jacqueline Cochran was looking for WASP. They told me I would have to be interviewed and they would contact me when they came to the Wichita area. But I didn’t wait for that. I went down to Houston for my interview, to speed things up. And I think that’s one of the smartest things I […]Unknown
- Jean McCreery, 44-W-10. |. May 10, 2018 July 20, 2018"My first flight was with a barnstormer at the age of five. I loved it! I also tried to 'fly' out of the barn loft with an umbrella. This was less than successful..." WASP Jean Terrell McCreery, 44-10 The indomitable Marguerite Jean Terrell Moreo McCreery has "...slipped the surly bonds of Earth. And danced the skies on […]Unknown
- The Minstral Show – (Episode 075) September 2, 2019The Minstral Show – (Episode 075) Welcome to the Minstral Show, the podcast that spotlights the very best music from around the world, made exclusively in the 21st century. Today’s episode brings you great new music by The Rembrandts, James Parker, Smoke Stack Rhino, Peter Buffett, The Claim, Gandalf’s Fist and Fink; along with exceptional […]Stewart
- 331S: Black And White Line Drawing Picture Book September 18, 2019Back in the mid to late 70s I recall a wonderful picture book that I read at primary school. I cannot remember any title or author details, but I do remember that the book was perhaps set in a forest? … Continue reading →admin
- Lessons From a One Night Stand by Piper Rayne September 15, 2019Lessons from a One Night Stand (The Baileys Book 1) by Piper Rayne Narrated by Tanya Eby and Tim Paige 1st Standalone in a closely related series. I had Lessons from a One Night Stand by Piper Rayne on my TBR list for a while and just couldn’t get to it, so I was thrilled […]Ana's Attic
- Frustrated Beyond Words September 18, 2019What is worse: a mistake by a person or a corporation? Which causes more damage? Continue Reading → The post Frustrated Beyond Words appeared first on The Authors' Billboard.Dani Haviland
- Christmas at Mistletoe Lodge #mgtab @natalieann121 September 15, 2019Just 99 cents! Benefits St. Jude Hospital! NY Times, USA Today, & Award-Winning Romance Authors bring you the HEA Box Set of the Season! 10 NEW BOOKS to warm your heart and curl your toes! Each novel in this sweet to steamy romance set has a Mistletoe Lodge, none the same, but all magical, Christmasy […]Natalie Ann
- $20 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway October 4, 2015We are excited to give away an Amazon Gift Card worth $20 to one of our lucky visitors. We will be doing many more of these in the future. This is the first one we have done in a while. To enter, please follow the instructions on the giveaway app below. Good luck! a Rafflecopter […]Murphy
- See It First: Allison Rose, John-Clement Gallo, and Amy Sumida June 27, 2019We love introducing Prolific Works readers to great stories and big ideas. Take a chance on new authors and try great stories from old favorites. See it first every day with Prolific Works and be free to discover authors you’ll love. We’re thrilled to share the latest and greatest from our teen and young adult […]Dalia Sadaka
- Sarasota Celery: 1941 September 19, 2019January 1941. "Agricultural day laborers cultivating celery near Sarasota, Florida." Medium format negative by Marion Post Wolcott for the Farm Security Administration. View full size.Dave
- Best Budget Anniversary Gift Ideas September 16, 2019The best anniversary gifts do not need to cost a lot of money. Gifts that are meaningful hold as much importance as monetary value, particularly if you have spent time and effort to find the perfect gift. Your anniversary is a celebration of the two of you as a couple, so a gift could be […]Sarah Paulsen
- Best Packing Cubes September 14, 2019Top 10 Packing Cubes Packing Cubes Buying Guide There are many benefits to using packing cubes. Below, we have listed many of the benefits...Sarah Lytle
- Wordless Wednesday #519 September 18, 2019Pink! For more Wordless Wednesday, Click here.suziqoregon
- A Closer Look at IKEA Bedding September 17, 2019We looked at IKEA bed frames in a previous post so it’s a natural follow-up to take a closer look at bedding. After looking at dozens of items the conclusion is the same; IKEA takes admirable steps to limit the use of harsh chemicals but in most cases the products are not completely non-toxic. This may […]Lisa Powers
- Healthy Mattress under $2000 September 17, 2019Question from Marie Looking for a mattress that won’t negatively affect my health at a reasonable price point. For me it would be maximum price with taxes etc. $2000.) Looking at Avocado but a little firm on standard- with pillow top very heavy. Lisa’s Answer There are great options in Debra’s List. Check out Happsy […]Lisa Powers
- Hot Pepper Plant September 13, 2019So I’m officially jealous of the Eustis High School hot pepper plant. I grow lots of peppers–hot, sweet and Hungarian–and my plants have NEVER grown larger than 18″ in height. Ever. Imagine my surprise when I visited the high school this week to discover this enormous pepper plant! I stopped. Blinked. And double-checked the fruit […]gardenfrisk
- Vegetable Gardening with Pressure-Treated Lumber? August 8, 2019Among homeowners, there has been some debate over using pressure-treated lumber when building raised beds for the home vegetable garden, specifically regarding the safety of our food consumption. As a mother, I completely understand the concern. I’m an organic gardener because I want the best for my family–no toxic chemicals, pesticides, GMOs, etc. While my […]gardenfrisk
- Coffee Rose Undereye Serum (Botanical Skin Care Recipe) September 13, 2019Moisturizing, astringent, and stimulating to circulation, this all-natural undereye serum can be helpful for dark circles and puffy skin. The recipe was discovered within the pages of the Botanical Skin Care Recipe Book. Created as a companion to the Herbal Academy’s lovely Botanical Skin Care Course, the recipe book is also sold separately on their […]Jan @ The Nerdy Farm Wife
- Sheet Pan Mac and Cheese September 15, 2019Crowd-pleasing mac and cheese made on a sheet pan! Perfectly cheesy + creamy with the maximum amount of crunchy bits. MIND BLOWN. No one could sit still the day that we were shooting and testing this recipe. NOPE. We all sat there, hoping to get this shot in 10 seconds. That way, we could all […]Chungah @ Damn Delicious
- September 25th is National Quesadilla Day* September 3, 2019September 25th is National Quesadilla DayJohn-Bryan Hopkins
- September 19, 2019 – NATIONAL PAWPAW DAY – TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY – NATIONAL BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING DAY September 19, 2019The post September 19, 2019 – NATIONAL PAWPAW DAY – TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY – NATIONAL BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING DAY appeared first on National Day Calendar.Doug Philp
- What to do in Tokyo – Ultimate Guide!! September 17, 2019Welcome to the RecipeTin Eats ultimate Tokyo travel guide! What to do in Tokyo, where to stay, what to eat, getting around! Born in Japan, raised in Australia, Sydney is our hometown, but Tokyo is our playground. This travel guide is a culmination of a lifetime of travelling to Tokyo, condensed into one place! This Tokyo Travel Guide is a collaborative... […]Nagi
- Redux Review: The Harp of Kings by Juliet Marillier September 7, 2019The Harp of Kings by Juliet Marillier High fantasy released by Penguin on September 3, 2019 Eighteen-year-old Liobhan is a powerful singer and an expert whistle player. Her brother has a voice to melt the hardest heart, and is a rare talent on the harp. But Liobhan’s burning ambition is to join the elite warrior […]Babs
- Release Day Guest Review: The Harp of Kings by Juliet Marillier September 3, 2019Guest review of The Harp of Kings by Juliet Marillier High fantasy released by Penguin on September 3, 2019 Eighteen-year-old Liobhan is a powerful singer and an expert whistle player. Her brother has a voice to melt the hardest heart, and is a rare talent on the harp. But Liobhan’s burning ambition is to join […]Limecello
- A Key West Gathering, Day 4 September 19, 2019Otto and I said our goodbyes to Rich this morning as he returns back towards Wellington, FL to his daughter and his dogs.We checked into the Holiday Inn hotel across the US 1 Highway which was near where we'd been lodging courtesy of Rich's brother-in-law. We of course made sure to leave the property clean […]redlegsrides
- A Key West Gathering, Day 3 September 18, 2019September 17Still in Key Largo. A pretty relaxed day, the morning was spent soaking up the sun, some cooling off in the sea water and a leisurely lunch. Otto did some kayaking.... Rich would snorkel and swim A rather sunny and warm day by the waterAfter such an exhausting morning of relaxing, and a really nice lunch at […]redlegsrides
- Mid-week Mischief September 18, 2019 Lorie Smith Schaefer
- Remembering the day the world changed September 11, 2019I wrote this column eighteen years ago. It was originally published in The Nevada Appeal on September 26, 2001 My Own Battlefields in This New War “It’s awful here. BUT I’M ALIVE,” our older daughter finally wrote in response to one of my frantic emails. She had moved to New York City just six days […]Lorie Smith Schaefer
- Fear and Love in the High Peak – part one ~ Steve Tanham September 19, 2019It’s not the best of photo resolutions, but the above image says it all. Briony saluting the Derbyshire landscape in her own way at the end of three days of the Silent Eye’s Tideswell-based workshop: Sue and Stuart’s creation; and … Continue reading →Sue Vincent
- The Waters of Life September 19, 2019“We, like the earth, arose from the Waters of Chaos. A point of Becoming in the potential that Became. It was all there… everything that is, was and will be… all that might be… in that single moment; complete, yet … Continue reading →Sue Vincent