When artists give form to revelation, their art can advance, deepen and potentially transform the consciousness of their community.
Science and poetry are, in fact, inseparable. By providing a vision of life, of Earth, of the universe in all its splendor, science does not challenge human values; it can inspire human values. It does not negate faith; it celebrates faith.
Because I am a part of the Big Picture, I do matter and substantially so. Because I am only a part, however, I am rightly situated off to stage right– and happily so. What freedom there is in such truth!
Do not get lost in a sea of despair. Be hopeful, be optimistic. Our struggle is not the struggle of a day, a week, a month or a year, it is the struggle of a lifetime.
The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.
Knowing that you love the earth changes you, activates you to defend and protect and celebrate. But when you feel that the earth loves you in return, that feeling transforms the relationship from a one-way street into a sacred bond.
Robin Wall Kimmerer
Having eyes, but not seeing beauty; having ears, but not hearing music; having minds, but not perceiving truth; having hearts that are never moved and therefore never set on fire. These are the things to fear, said the headmaster.
We can never have enough of nature. We must be refreshed by the sight of inexhaustible vigor, vast and titanic features, the sea-coast with its wrecks, the wilderness with its living and its decaying trees, the thunder-cloud, and the rain which lasts three weeks and produces freshets. We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.
Henry David Thoreau
This grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never dried all at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls.
Trauma has the power to rob our lives of vitality and destroy it. However, we can also use it for powerful self-renewal and transformation. Trauma, resolved, is a blessing from a greater power.
For true self–remembering is the consciousness of one’s relation with another in the presence of a higher power.
Don’t make a permanent decision on temporary feelings.
Quotes February 01, 2021
- Filed under Quotes
When artists give form to revelation, their art can advance, deepen and potentially transform the consciousness of their community.
- August jobs up 3.1 percent from August 2021 September 21, 2022Sept. 16, 2022 No. 22-13 JUNEAU, Alaska — Alaska’s August job count was up 3.1 percent from August 2021, an increase of 10,200. Over-the-year growth has been consistently in the 2-to-3 percent range so far in 2022, although total employment remains well below pre-pandemic levels. Nearly all sectors were up...Alaskanomics
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, September 23, 2022 September 24, 2022Chevak residents have lost frozen fish and the boats they used to catch them. Also, a Kenai grand jury charges a man in the killing of Anesha "Duffy" Murnane. And Alaska's kelp industry is stuck at a crossroads.Katie Anastas, Alaska Public Media - Anchorage
- Juneau police investigating death of woman found on trail as a homicide September 24, 2022A Juneau woman was found dead on a popular Mendenhall Valley trail on Wednesday. Police are investigating Faith Rogers’ death as a homicide.Claire Stremple, KTOO - Juneau
- buddha -- 9/23/22 September 23, 2022Today's selection -- from The Visual Arts: A History by Hugh Honour & John Fleming. Siddhartha and the Buddhist scriptures: "Although Buddhist scriptures are more voluminous than those of any other religion, they include no single text with the fundamental authority that the New Testament has for Christians and the Koran for Muslims. They are closer […]
- there were no ethnic romans -- 9/22/22 September 22, 2022Today's encore selection -- from Rome by Robert Hughes. In the founding myth of Rome, the twins Romulus and Remus established the city on the banks of the Tiber River in roughly 750 BCE and invited the outcasts of society to be its first citizens: "[The site for Rome on the banks of the river […]
- Alaska News Nightly: Friday, September 23, 2022 September 24, 2022
- Juneau police investigating death of woman found on trail as a homicide September 24, 2022
- The Stars Are Aligned: 2 Free and 6 discounted books September 20, 2022In addition to the usual permanently free titles. The Green Beret Preparation and Survival Guide is discounted to .99 or Kindle Unlimited. Today, Psychic Warrior and Area 51: Interstellar are free. The latter is the first time it’s ever been free. 3 other Area 51 titles are discounted to .99 or Kindle Unlimited. Dragon Sim-13 […]Bob
- Recent Research Spreadsheets November 30, 2016Our students have compiled research in three topic areas. Below are the links to their research tables that can be downloaded for searching and viewing. For a state-by-state review of Mandatory Reporter laws, click here. For a state-by-state review of Background Check laws, click...feigleycommunications
- 2016 Legislative Drafting Students November 15, 2016Our students spent the summer working on the inaugural project of the LDICP. Through their extensive research, massive databases of information on state statutes regarding the abuse of children ave been created and will be posted here as their work is finalized. Here are...feigleycommunications
- The Catalyst for Character Change: The Dark Night of the Soul – By Janice Hardy… September 24, 2022on Fiction University: The worst moment for your protagonist is one of the best moments for your reader. A character who truly earns their victory—whatever that may be—is one readers will root for and remember. That’s often why they read the book in the first place. They want to watch a character struggle and overcome […]Chris The Story Reading Ape
- The Wrap: Your weekend edition September 24, 2022Indigenous headlines for Friday, Sept. 23, 2022ICT
- Goal Post: Where Did the Warmth Go? September 24, 2022It’s cold today. Yes, I know it’s now autumn, but I was still comfortably wearing shorts on Thursday. If you wonder about yesterday, I was uncomfortably wearing shorts. Today, I’m going to have to see how many of my jeans … Continue reading →Charles Yallowitz
- Smorgasbord Bookshelf – New Book on the Shelves – #Occult #Ghosts The Haunting of Chatham Hollow by Mae Clair and Staci Troilo September 24, 2022Delighted to share the news of the latest release from Mae Clair and Staci Troilo… The Haunting of Chatham Hollow About the book One founding father. One deathbed curse. A town haunted for generations. Ward Chatham, founder of Chatham Hollow, … Continue reading →Smorgasbord - Variety is the Spice of Life.
- It’s Too Peopley Out There July 3, 2020We live in the most perfect area to have a staycation. The gulf with its white sand beaches are only five minutes away. We have the best restaurants with fresh seafood and seats with the best views. The charter fishing experience is top notch. Evidently, this is not a best kept secret anymore. The only […]Elle Knowles
- We the People September 22, 2022Through hopeful lyrics and joyous dance, Nimo Patel and Ellie Walton's "We the People" video is a call to unity, togetherness and equality. It reminds us that if we learn to love, if we learn to listen, the good will indeed come someday. Sing along and let your spirit be lifted.
- Get Out of Your Mind June 6, 2022Download the preorder exclusive PDF until September 12 here! Exciting news! I have a new book coming out on September 13, 2022. I created Out of Your Mind: A Journal… The post Get Out of Your Mind appeared first on Positively Present - Dani DiPirro.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roaring Trade at Venetian Chandlery Pizza & Live Music Event September 20, 2022A seriously great evening – as always – praise and thanks be to: If you were there then you were … MoreIan Hutson
- Saturday Share: Recipe for Potato and Ham Chowder September 24, 2022Even thought the autumnal equinox was a non-event when it comes to cooler weather, I'm still wanting soup.Soup is a cold weather dish best served piping hot.I'm gathering the ingredients to make one of my favorite soups: Cream of Poblano. If necessary, I'll turn the air conditioning down a couple of degrees to better enjoy […]Joan Reeves
- The Year the Music Died January 1, 2022By: Stewart Brennan I look back on the disaster that was 2021 and do not find much of anything good to talk about as it was a year in which online censorship metastasized while the world plunged into a lockstep fascism, where friendships ended, families broke up, and all the celebrations of life came to […]Stewart
- WASP Final Flight February 28, 2022WASP Deanie Bishop Parrish, 44-W-4"Failure isn't failure unless you let it be. It's simply a change in direction. Just count your many blessings move on. With God's help, anything is possible!"Deanie Bishop Parrish passed away peacefully in her home in Waco, Texas, on February 24, 2022, just one day shy of her 100th birthday. She met every challenge […]Unknown
- Lucile Doll Wise, 43-7 | August 2, 2018 August 17, 2018"Jacqueline Cochran was looking for WASP. They told me I would have to be interviewed and they would contact me when they came to the Wichita area. But I didn’t wait for that. I went down to Houston for my interview, to speed things up. And I think that’s one of the smartest things I […]Unknown
- Four Fun Friday Kodachrome Car Photographs No. 410 September 23, 2022In this weekly series, we ask our readers to tell us the year, make, and model of all of these vehicles along with the location and anything else of interest to you in the photos. You can look back at all the earlier parts of this series here. The images are via This Was Americar. It appears that...David Greenlees
- St. Louis Missouri: Four Entertaining Automotive Images September 22, 2022Today’s batch of photos originates from St. Louis, Missouri, and date from 1920 to the 1940s. The lead image is a late-1940s view of the service department at the Ray Rixman Inc Dodge Dealership at 7916 N. Broadway in St. Louis, Missouri. The business was founded in the late-1930s. This picture appears to be a...David Greenlees
- Earn $6,000/mo Passive Income with Stock Footage (no prior experience!) May 23, 2020Stock footage might not sound too sexy or fun, but this is an easy one to start and doesn’t require any start up funding. In fact, you can start with your smartphone camera. Ready? You Ready Are You Ready GIF from Youready GIFs What is stock footage and how does it work? Stock footage […]Gundi Gabrielle
- 367C: When the Sweets Come Alive September 22, 2022I remember this book from childhood, where on one page there is this bakery where it is either run by a witch or vampire and the treats are alive. Like the devil dog cakes are actual devil dogs with a tail and wings. The lady fingers are actual fingers. It was cute and cartoony and […]admin
- Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood | Audiobook Review September 22, 2022Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood Narrated by Brooke Bloomingdale Smart RomCom. Stands Alone. I really loved The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood (see my review) so I was excited to listen to another “STEMinist” novel from her. If you read and liked The Love Hypothesis, you’ll probably enjoy Love on the Brain just […]Ana's Attic
- 13 Inch Lunch: 1942 September 23, 2022January 1942. "Roadside stand -- U.S. Highway 80, Texas, between Dallas and Fort Worth." Acetate negative by Arthur Rothstein for the Office of War Information. View full size.Dave
- Dallas: 1942 September 22, 2022January 1942. "View of Dallas, Texas, going eastward on U.S. Highway 80." Medium-format acetate negative by Arthur Rothstein for the Office of War Information. View full size.Dave
- Senior Sneak: 1955 June 10, 2022Senior Sneak was the name applied to Marin Catholic High School's pre-graduation recreation getaway day, which for the class of 1955, including my brother and his roll of Tri-X film, was on May 18th that year. There was nothing particularly sneaky about it, since it was school-sponsored -- another shot depicts the principal at the […]tterrace
- Georgie: 195X June 7, 2022"Georgie #2". Found 35mm Kodachrome slide. View full size.slk23
- This perspective should help September 24, 2022In reply to Dallas: 1942: The building you can clearly see in the 1942 photo is the Dallas County Criminal Courts building. Here is a Street View from the X on Elm Street marking where President Kennedy was shot. The now-infamous School Book Depository is on the left. Lee Harvey Oswalt fired from the far […]Doug Floor Plan
- No trace of any of this now September 24, 2022In reply to 13 Inch Lunch: 1942: There is about 30 miles separating downtowns Fort Worth and Dallas. This could have been pretty much anywhere along the way. Interstate 30 replaced U.S. Highway 80 along here and it's nearly nonstop development between Dallas and Fort Worth now. I remember, in my youth, people commenting that […]Doug Floor Plan
- Hydroponic Towers Made Easy July 22, 2022Hydroponic Towers Made Easy will chronicle my journey into the hydroponic gardening world. At first, I was intimidated by the mere thought of growing food in hydroponic towers. I thought, that’s WAY too much work and involves way too many aspects I know nothing about. Chemicals, pH balance, water pumps, special sprouting trays… UGH. Just […]gardenfrisk
- Ricotta-Stuffed Squash Blossoms May 18, 2022I’m posting this recipe for Ricotta-Stuffed Squash Blossoms and warn you: it’s NOT that difficult to make these scrumptious beauties! I found the recipe (including video) on Kitchen and Craft. This site is definitely worth a visit! I tried my hand at making these stuffed squash blossoms after a visit to a local farm-to-table style […]gardenfrisk
- anthropomorphic September 24, 2022Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day for September 24, 2022 is: anthropomorphic \an-thruh-puh-MOR-fik\ adjective Anthropomorphic means “described or thought of as being like human beings in appearance, behavior, etc.” // The story chronicles the adventures of a group of anthropomorphic forest critters. See the entry > Examples: “Dream and his six siblings are the […]Merriam-Webster
- Lady Whistledown gives a sneak peek of her first missive from Bridgerton’s third season September 24, 2022Ladies and gentlefolk of the ton, Lady Whistledown’s return is imminent. Netflix has been teasing Bridgerton’s third season—which will focus on the love story between Colin Bridgerton (Luke Newton) and Penelope Featherington (Nicola Coughlan)—for some time, but now they’re giving us an actual taste from the new batch…Read more...Mary Kate Carr
- Gal Gadot and Jamie Dornan take us behind the scenes of Heart Of Stone September 24, 2022It sure looks like Netflix is continuing to carve out its space in the star-studded action thriller genre. After films like Extraction, Red Notice, and The Gray Man, the streamer is throwing some money (read: $130 million, apparently) toward its next drama: Heart Of Stone. The film’s leading cast includes Gal Gadot…Read more...Saloni Gajjar
- Millie Bobby Brown is back on the case in first trailer for Netflix's Enola Holmes 2 September 24, 2022Move over, hot girl summer: who-dunit fall is in full swing this autumnal season. From peeling back the layers of a crime most foul in Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, to Saoirse Ronan uncovering a theater-based murder in See How They Run, mysteries have taken over as the chosen film genre for the cooler […]Savannah Olson
- Darth Vader's voice in Obi-Wan Kenobi was entirely AI-generated September 24, 2022James Earl Jones has apparently given his permission for the voice of his iconic villain Darth Vader to become an AI-generated effect. Has already done so, in fact, for his recent “appearance” in Star Wars Disney+ series Obi-Wan Kenobi: Although Lucasfilm was quick to note that Jones “guided” the generation of Vader’s…Read more...William Hughes
- Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip September 24, 2022The BEST spinach and artichoke dip! So cheesy, so rich, so creamy, so stinking easy. Sure to please everyone! Can we just live in the pool of this piping hot spinach and artichoke dip? A dip so creamy, so cheesy and so perfectly rich for all your tortilla chip dipping needs? (Don’t worry. We can […]Chungah @ Damn Delicious
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes September 10, 2022SUPER CRISPY smashed potatoes topped with sour cream, bacon + chives. The easiest most perfect bite-sized appetizer. A loaded baked potato in crispy bite-size form for game day? Yes, yes, yes. No, but really, game day or not, this appetizer is an absolute must for any get-together, potluck, picnic – you name it. With a […]Chungah @ Damn Delicious
- Fellow Floridians, Beware of toilet lizard and iguana aggression September 23, 2022From Dave Barry– Miami Herald Here in South Florida we’re accustomed to lizards, of course; they’re everywhere. When I moved here decades ago, the lizards were one of the things I had to adjust to, along with the hurricanes, the 250 percent humidity, and the fact that Miami drivers actually speed up for stop signs. […]Mona Risk
- The Beauty of … Autumn September 22, 2022Although I love every season, Autumn has always been a favorite. It is a time of rebirth and renewal. For many, Autumn is the time for a fresh outlook, and romance is always in the air. This month, I’m sharing some inspirational Autumn quotes. “It was a beautiful, bright autumn day, with air like cider […]Josie Riviera
- Resuming Camping Trip - Tarryall September 24, 2022Martha, Thing One and I returned from Wisconsin on Tuesday of this week. Laura, my SIL is still working to settle my FIL's estate and take care of closing out things.It was a long drive there and back, 16 hours each way, but otherwise things went well for Martha and Laura as they said their […]redlegsrides
- Riding for a Sunset with Scarlett September 13, 2022Just a short ride to my usual sunset picture taking spot near home.Getting a little bit of motorcycling time in with Scarlett, along with the morning ride I had with Yagi, my TW200.I used Yagi to return from the RV Storage Yard where I put Umarang, the VRRV, into storage for a bit.Tomorrow morning, early, […]redlegsrides
- Reading An Excerpt From AMOK On Lit With Lloyd August 31, 2022Had a blast doing the Lit With Lloyd podcast with KCAT Public Media! A wide-ranging conversation, including:Craft: how to draw on experience, research, and imagination to create compelling characters.Business: how the proposed Random Penguin/S&S merger is like the two wings of America's duopoly.And—EXCLUSIVE—I read an excerpt from upcoming Dox prequel AMOK.Enjoy!Barry Eisler
- How Do You Shape A Character Who's Had Experiences You Haven't? August 8, 2022Fiction involves a mix of experience, research, and imagination, with the first two both grounding and boosting the third. And if you’re familiar with the endnotes of my books, the photos I post of the places I visit for research, and my Mistakes page (because despite all my efforts, I sometimes fall short), you know I work hard in the service […]Barry Eisler
- Kashevaroff Mountain April 6, 2019Long before we were a sailing family, Alisa and I were a young couple in love with adventuring in Alaska.The opportunity to introduce Eric and Elias to the delights of outdoor living in the Great Land was one of the big bright sides of our return to Alaska.Earlier this winter, the boys and I headed […]
- Letting go March 20, 2019So...this beautiful island is our home.See the barky?The boys just had their spring break. A week off from school and nothing to keep us from buggering off in Galactic. The weather was generally poor - nothing like the pics above for the most part - so we just snuck off to the west side of […]
- Pete’s Parkinson’s Portraits: Ozzy Osborne June 20, 2022
- Pete’s Parkinson’s portraits: Joan Didion Dec. 2021 March 31, 2022 Peter Dunlap-Shohl
- PFD Cruise Deals September 17, 2022We’re drilling down on all the PFD Travel deals. Sign up for Airfare911 text-to-phone alerts to get live updates on the best fares. First out of the gate is Alaska ... The post PFD Cruise Deals appeared first on Alaska Travelgram.scott
- Review: Inheriting Murder: A Bobwhite Mountain Cozy Mystery July 7, 2022Inheriting Murder: A Bobwhite Mountain Cozy Mystery by Jamie Rutland Gillespie My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews
- Review: Blades and Bridesmaids: Paranormal Cozy Mystery June 18, 2022Blades and Bridesmaids: Paranormal Cozy Mystery by Trixie Silvertale My rating: 5 of 5 stars View all my reviews
- Comparing Mint Plants: Spearmint, Apple & Chocolate April 23, 2020Mint is a reasonably cold-hardy perennial, meaning it grows back every year under the right conditions. Just like there are many different kinds of tomatoes (cherry, beefsteak, roma, etc.), there are plenty different varieties of mint, too. Here’s an overview comparison of three different kinds of mints that grow well for me in Anchorage, Alaska: […]Ashley
- Chickens Laying Eggs in the Winter April 4, 2020Do chickens still lay eggs in the winter? That’s a common question many curious poultry lovers ask me. The answer? It depends. Egg laying chickens will naturally taper off and cease egg production in winter months, assuming you live somewhere that gets darker in winter months than summer. In Alaska, where our winter months might […]Ashley
- Gluten Free Macaroni Salad June 1, 2022When you think of staple side dishes that make an appearance at your barbecues or get togethers, what comes to mind? Fresh fruit, corn on the cob, and my personal favorite, gluten free macaroni salad! This gluten free macaroni salad is a classic American recipe, just like gluten-free pasta salad or gluten free mac and... […]Mēgan
- "Home" vs. "Away" May 20, 2022I’m home now. I’m looking at the flea market couch I brought up from California; I had cushions made three times over the years till I got it just right. Now it’s just right. It’s been in my life 42 years. Tim has been in my life 34 years, but he had to be out of […]CloudyinAK
- Goodbye, Toronto May 10, 2022I’m saying my goodbyes to Toronto. I’ve seen my last Hot Docs Festival film, and I’m just back from my last author program. I’ve probably had my last roti, checked out my last book at my local branch library, gone to my last art workshop. Horror of horrors, I’ve even watched my last play. The thing […]CloudyinAK
- Semi-annual bailouts September 24, 2022Even when things are bad, it’s good to be a commercial fisherman in Alaska. In the fat years, salmon fill the nets, and they haul in boatloads of cash. And in the […]craigmedred
- Dangerous words September 20, 2022The news these days is so bad it could make you sick. Or so say researchers from Texas Tech University who studied what is being called “problematic news consumption.” “It has been […]craigmedred
- Malnourished launches today January 21, 2020It’s here. The big day. My memoir, the one I spent 15 years struggling over, launches today from Raised Voice Press. I’m feeling very exposed, very vulnerable. This is not at all similar to when Dolls Behaving Badly launched from Hachette Book Group. That was a novel, and while some of it was based on… […]cinthiaritchie
- Book review: Secondhand Summer by Dan Walker December 1, 2019I had had Alaska writer Dan Walker’s YA novel SECONDHAND SUMMER on my list for a long time, and two weeks ago finally had the chance to dive in. I wasn’t disappointed. Walker’s book, geared for middle school readers (but still immensely enjoyable for adults), follows 14-year-old Sam’s move to Anchorage from the small fishing… […]cinthiaritchie
- FOUR DELICIOUS PANCAKES September 13, 2022I make a LOT of sourdough pancakes, but every once in a while John wants a simple (last minute) "late night breakfast". This recipe is perfect for that; it makes 4 super moist, super tender, super fluffy pancakes. They really "hit the spot"!!!!!You can double or triple this recipeIn larger bowl, mix:1 cup flour1 1/2 tablespoons […]Coleens Recipes
- The 10 Best Gifts for Cooks and Food Lovers December 17, 2014My list of 10 Best Gifts for Cooks and Food Lovers helps last minute shoppers buy great presents for the food obsessed; most of the items on the list I’ve used and loved for years. Most importantly, if you act quickly, there’s still time to order most of my recommended gifts and have them arrive […]Laurie Constantino
- Welcome November 10, 2015100 Plus Women Who Care is a group of inspiring women philanthropists who are contributing to the Mat-Su community Source: WelcomeAK Rambler
- Spiced Crab Apple Jelly Recipe August 30, 2022Sorry I haven't updated in a while. It's harvest season. The berries, the mushrooms, all those other things wild and cultivated that my family picks and creates the jams, sauces, syrups and jellies we use through out the year and give to our friends. Also, I'm going to do something weird and give you the […]Shala Kerrigan
- Sitka Spruce Tips/Alaska Way Of Life 4-H Club to offer Fall Wild Edibles Series in September September 3, 2022Join Sitka Spruce Tips/Alaska Way of Life 4-H Club for four sessions celebrating wild edibles through identifying, harvesting, and processing from 3:30-5 p.m. on Wednesdays Sept. 7, 14, 21, and 28. All ages are invited to learn more about local … Continue reading →Charles Bingham
- Instant Pot Navy Bean Soup April 1, 2017I LOVE my grandmother’s navy bean soup, but it takes forever to make with soaking the beans overnight and then slow cooking the soup all day. I decided to try it in my Instant Pot and it was a success! Not only that, but my kids loved it…score! Ingredients: 1-2 Tbs. olive oil 1 onion, diced 3 […]Megan
- Comment on About by Bill Tweit August 11, 2022I like the goshawk theory In the lower 48, there is good evidence that Cooper's Hawks are taking advantage of the situation. I'll be in Sitka this coming Sunday PM through Thursday. Hope to see you aroundBill Tweit
- Comment on About by matt goff June 18, 2022In reply to Bill Tweit. Thanks Bill - it was good to meet you as well. This week a Common Yellowthroat showed up where we chatted by the lake. Eurasian Collared-Doves have become scarce. Off the top of my head, I don't remember which year the numbers dropped sharply, but it was a few years […]matt goff
- Why Restoration? Fish. People. The Future. August 30, 2021Since 2016 I have worked in Hoonah to help build a vision. The Hoonah Native Forest Partnership is a unique model of community-based forestry that seeks to meet the objectives of land managers and the needs of the community. The project relies on training a local workforce in natural resource inventory and landscape improvement. I’m […]grizjohnson
- Saddle Creek Trail to Grewingk Glacier Lake September 11, 2017At the end of July we took the boat over to Halibut Cove to hike the Saddle Trail with the kids to picnic at Grewingk Glacier Lake. It's a great trail for kids to master themselves, and Riggs hiked the whole way himself. Raina was in the backpack, but more because we wanted to hike […]Anonymous
- Homer Alaska Podcast April 13, 2019A man who just moved to Homer about a year ago from Chicago has started a podcast interviewing people from the Homer community. He called up my husband a few months ago and asked him if he would be willing to be interviewed. My husband said sure, so the second episode of Alex's podcast features […]Michelle Waclawski
- 2017 Garden Wrap-Up September 19, 2017Well, 2017 was not a good garden year in my area, even for those of us with greenhouses/high tunnels. I'm sure I didn't help my chances at all; we had a month between returning home from the States and getting the roof on the high tunnel, and I didn't start any seeds or work the […]Kristin
- Garibaldi Biscuits September 23, 2022Welcome back to the Great British Bake-Off (Baking Show) for 2022! It’s Biscuit Week and we’re making Garibaldi Biscuits, the technical bake for this episode. Garibaldi Biscuits are made by ... Read more The post Garibaldi Biscuits appeared first on Little House Big Alaska.Laura
- In Mountain View, something sweet December 3, 2020Mountain View is in for a treat — a whole new store full of treats, in fact. Packed with dozens of varieties of handmade custom candies, classic favorites, and assorted other sweets, Sweet Creations Lollipop Boutique is one of the latest businesses to open doors in the neighborhood. Owner Missy Simms made it for the […]Kirsten Swann
- Visiting Washington, Part Three July 30, 2019During our time in Washington we also took some time to drive over to Kennewick to visit some of my family in that area. We camped in my aunt and uncle's driveway and visited them and some of my cousins. The highlight for the girls was the nerf war for sure (pictures here). It was […]
- SANDRA’S LEMON POPPY SEED GLAZED AND ICED POUND CAKE September 14, 2022If you're a lemon lover like I am, this recipe is for you!!Yield: (1 Loaf)Prep: 25 Mins.Bake: 50 Mins. INGREDIENTS: Cake:½ cup salted butter, at room temperature1 cup granulated sugar2 large eggs1 TB lemon zest1 tsp vanilla paste (or extract)½ cup sour cream1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour1 TB poppy seeds½ tsp double-acting baking powder (or regular)¼ tsp baking […]sandra
- SANDRA'S ONE-BOWL APPLE CAKE in ONE-HOUR August 4, 2022This the most amazing and flavorful cake; simply incredible...Yield: 12 ServingsPrep: 20 MinutesBake: 55-60 Minutes INGREDIENTS2 large eggs1-13/4 cups granulated sugar1/2 cup canola oil1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 teaspoon lemon juice1/2 teaspoon kosher salt4 large honey crisp apples (or 6 medium), peeled, cored, and diced)2 cups all-purpose flour2 teaspoons apple pie spice2 teaspoons baking soda1 teaspoon baking […]sandra
- Dalton Highway is the “Ultimate Road Adventure” August 8, 2020This is part two of our recent drive up the Dalton Highway in partnership with Go North Car and RV Rentals. Built for purpose, not comfort, the Dalton Highway is a 414-mile twisting, turning route between Interior and Arctic Alaska. Partially-paved but mostly dirt (or mud or ice, depending upon the conditions and/or season), it […]Erin Kirkland