There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.
Mary Anne Radmacher
Your path is illuminated by the light, yet darkness lets the stars shine bright.
The people who love you will guide you like bright lights into the other worlds.
I warn you, the trip will not be easy. Once you choose to walk in the light, your path will lead you places you do not want to go.
“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.
writer and educator
You do have to be fairly selfish when you have a gift. You can’t afford to let too many outside things get in the way.
Nothing is more unnerving to the truly conventional than the unashamed misfit.
Quotes September 12, 2018
- Filed under Quotes
There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
- Alaska News Nightly: Monday, Jan. 20, 2020 January 21, 2020Sen. Murkowski prepares to vote during impeachment trial. Plus: highlights from the Kuskokwim 300 sled dog race.Mayowa Aina, Alaska Public Media - Anchorage
- Highlights from Kuskokwim 300: Kaiser wins fifth title, and a surprise musher engagement January 20, 2020There’s been some new writing recently about old happenings in Alaska’s largest city. It’s in a column called Histories of Anchorage that has appeared in the Anchorage Daily News a couple times so far since the new year.Zachariah Hughes, Alaska Public Media
- Recent Research Spreadsheets November 30, 2016Our students have compiled research in three topic areas. Below are the links to their research tables that can be downloaded for searching and viewing. For a state-by-state review of Mandatory Reporter laws, click here. For a state-by-state review of Background Check laws, click...feigleycommunications
- 2016 Legislative Drafting Students November 15, 2016Our students spent the summer working on the inaugural project of the LDICP. Through their extensive research, massive databases of information on state statutes regarding the abuse of children ave been created and will be posted here as their work is finalized. Here are...feigleycommunications
- Wikimedia Commons picture of the day for January 21 January 21, 2020Picture of the day Comme des Garçons clothing on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York during the Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons: Art of the In-Between exhibit in August 2017.
- Wikimedia Commons picture of the day for January 20 January 20, 2020Picture of the day An Orthodox priest with Ethiopian crosses at Abba Pentalewon Monastery in Axum, Tigray Region, Ethiopia
- What Can We Learn From Past Disasters To Prevent Future Ones? January 19, 2020This is the premise of Stuff Doesn’t Just Happen: The Gift of Failure. Two books, each one focusing on seven great disasters of the past. Have we learned from them? What can we learn? Every disaster usually involved seven things happen. Six cascade events and then the seventh, the disaster. At least one of the […]Bob
- Today in 1985, the Coen Brothers debuted with Blood Simple January 18, 2020Any film with M. Emmett Walsh is to be watched. Throw in Frances McDormand? Even better.Bob
- It's Not Fair #flashfiction January 20, 2020Continuing the story of Doug, Sophie and Mike. If two is company, does three mean it's a crowd and that somebody has to go? Continue readingHugh's Views and News
- A Safe Place For Keeping #flashfiction January 18, 2020How sure are you that your blog and data is as safe and secure as you think it is? Continue readingHugh's Views and News
- Happy Squirrel Appreciation Day January 21, 2020Originally posted on bluebird of bitterness: Yes, it’s a real thing.The Story Reading Ape
- Storytelling Exercise: Character Choices – by Melissa Donovan… January 21, 2020on Writing Forward: Today’s storytelling exercise is an excerpt from my book, Story Drills: Fiction Writing Exercises, which helps beginning to intermediate storytellers develop skills in the craft of fiction writing. This exercise explores one of the most important elements of any story: the characters. It’s called “Character Choices.” Enjoy! Continue reading HEREThe Story Reading Ape
- Food that has ‘sustained for generations’ January 20, 2020‘alter-Native: Kitchen’ from Independent Lens by Native filmmaker Billy Luther highlights three Indigenous chefsVincent Schilling
- White House tells Senate that impeachment is 'flimsy' and 'a constitutional travesty' January 20, 2020President Trump's lawyers urge dismissal of 'flimsy' impeachment caseThe Associated Press
- Teaser Tuesday: Hunters and Prey #fantasy #adventure January 21, 2020Welcome back to Teaser Tuesday. Enjoy this piece from Legends of Windemere: Allure of the Gypsies! “She tricked me again,” Trinity growls as she drags herself out of the river. She looks up at the top of the thirty-foot waterfall with … Continue reading →Charles Yallowitz
- Smorgasbord Laughter Lines – Comedian in Residence D.G. Kaye and some new material from Sally! January 21, 2020Debby Gies D.G. Kaye Writer Blog and I are delighted to keep finding new material to make you laugh but we are very happy if you would like to join in and share your humour too.. If you would like … Continue reading →Smorgasbord - Variety is the Spice of Life.
- New Years Day ain’t New Years Day without the black-eyed peas… January 1, 2020I’ve often heard that whatever you do on New Years Day you will be doing for the rest of the year. If that’s the case I’m going to be worthless! Except for the fact that I did cook – and cooking is not what I want to be doing all year. Of course we had […]Elle Knowles
- Serotiny: The Story of Lead to Life January 16, 2020Serotiny refers to the process of seeds using the destructive power of fire to trigger the germination of new growth. On the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination, the organization Lead to Life gathered in Atlanta to honor the life of gun victims by putting weapons of killing through fire to forge shovels; […]
- Finding Chika January 9, 2020Renowned author Mitch Albom introduces us to a story of love, a story about the making of a family through love. He shows us that the rules of what a family should look like don't matter as long as there is love bringing them together. He introduces us to Chika, who became the much beloved […]
- 9 Tips for Battling the Winter Blues December 23, 2019As winter arrives, I'm taken back in my mind to last year... Last winter, I was really down and out at the start of 2019. I spent so much time in bed, engaging in unhealthy coping methods, and generally just feeling rotten about myself and my life. While I don't know for sure if this […]positively present
- Heavy Fog in the English Channel – Europe cut off #narrowboat #boating #boatsthattweet January 20, 2020Well, it were a bit misty t’other day. Lumpy though; thicker patches did keep drifting past as though some unseen … MoreIan Hutson
- Mud, mud, Gloria’s mud, there’s nothing quite like it for chewing the cud #narrowboat #boating #England January 18, 2020Soggy is a word wholly inadequate for describing the towpaths hereabouts at present. Mud-wallows is a phrase more fitted to … MoreIan Hutson
- Get Latest Version of Kindle Publishing Guidelines January 20, 2020Did you know that you can download and/or print all of the latest guidelines for Kindle Publishing?Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines: How to make books available for Kindle devices and applications, Version 2019.2, is a 114-page guide, a PDF file.It covers everything from inserting images into a text-heavy ebook to using all of the various Kindle […]Joan Reeves
- Puppy Sitting Takes a Toll January 19, 2020All of my good intentions about blogging went out the window when my daughter's puppy entered the house.Yes, Darling Hubby and I are once again puppy sitting. This stint started Friday morning and continues until Sunday afternoon.Freddie is a golden doodle which is half golden retriever and half poodle. Fortunately, his hair is just like […]Joan Reeves
- The Minstral Show – (Episode 081) January 12, 2020Welcome to the Minstral Show, the podcast that spotlights the very best music from around the world, made exclusively in the 21st century.A new decade begins as Jan 2020 unfolds to reveal the next chapter of music…part of which, will be heard here today through new songs by Glass Eye, The Room in the Wood, […]Stewart
- Lucile Doll Wise, 43-7 | August 2, 2018 August 17, 2018"Jacqueline Cochran was looking for WASP. They told me I would have to be interviewed and they would contact me when they came to the Wichita area. But I didn’t wait for that. I went down to Houston for my interview, to speed things up. And I think that’s one of the smartest things I […]Unknown
- Jean McCreery, 44-W-10. |. May 10, 2018 July 20, 2018"My first flight was with a barnstormer at the age of five. I loved it! I also tried to 'fly' out of the barn loft with an umbrella. This was less than successful..." WASP Jean Terrell McCreery, 44-10 The indomitable Marguerite Jean Terrell Moreo McCreery has "...slipped the surly bonds of Earth. And danced the skies on […]Unknown
- “This is Estes’ Ville Used Cars Discount Center” January 18, 2020Herb Estes operated a successful Ford dealership on East Huron St. in Ann Arbor, MI, that we will cover later; this is “Estes’ Ville,” his used car lot located at 3145 Washtenaw Ave. The photo dates to June of 1964 and three Fords, a Falcon, a two-door hardtop and a convertible are front and center...David Greenlees
- Kodachrome Images of Minneapolis Salvage Yards January 17, 2020The City of Minneapolis began documenting salvage yards by photographing them in the 1967 to the mid-’70s period. This was about the same time as the EPA started operations to clean up environmental pollution in the industry. The lead image is a view of the sign, fence, and yard at Nate’s Auto Parts located at 1032...David Greenlees
- The Amazing CAPE PENINSULA – Breathtaking Scenic Ocean Drives, Penguins & the Cape of Good Hope April 3, 2019********* The Cape Peninsula and Western Cape region are absolutely breathtaking! I especially love the turquoise waters that are so typical for the Cape scenery. You can instantly recognize this region just by that color – that’s how special it is! A Road Trip Around the Cape Peninsula One of the most fun things to do […]Gundi Gabrielle
- Leaving Town For A Week January 18, 2020Hello Everybody, I will be attending a conference for work in Baltimore over the course of next week, so I will not be replying to any e-mails or making posts/posting comments on this page until January 28th. Please have patience … Continue reading →admin
- January 21, 2020 – NATIONAL HUGGING DAY – SQUIRREL APPRECIATION DAY – NATIONAL GRANOLA BAR DAY January 21, 2020The post January 21, 2020 – NATIONAL HUGGING DAY – SQUIRREL APPRECIATION DAY – NATIONAL GRANOLA BAR DAY appeared first on National Day Calendar.Doug Philp
- We will donate a 2020 National Day Wall Calendar to a teacher, firefighter, etc. when you purchase one. January 20, 2020We will donate a 2020 National Day Wall Calendar to your favorite charity, teacher, city mayor, fire fighter, public servant, etc., when you purchase one for yourself. We will even include a card with what you would like to say to this person. Help make the world a better place by impacting those that celebrate […]National Day Calendar
- The AI Who Loved Me by Alyssa Cole – Audiobook Review January 17, 2020The A.I. Who Loved Me by Alyssa Cole Narrated by Regina Hall, Mindy Kaling and a full cast of 8 Narrators SciFi Futuristic Romance I loved the cover of this audio-first (or only) release with star narrators, and thought The A.I. Who Loved Me by Alyssa Cole looked unique and fun. I listened to another […]Ana's Attic
- Two Bits: 1940 January 21, 2020December 1940. "Negro soldiers. Columbus, Georgia." Medium format acetate negative by John Vachon for the Farm Security Administration. View full size.Dave
- GAS: 1939 January 20, 2020May 1939. "Gas station between Tulare and Fresno on U.S. 99." Medium format acetate negative by Dorothea Lange for the Farm Security Administration. View full size.Dave
- Margaret Truman and Annette Wright May: 1951 January 15, 2020The president's daughter with friend Annette Wright aboard the SS America, on the way to Europe. I was fortunate enough to know Ms. Annette Davis Frank, through a family friendship with her daughter. I found this photo in a portfolio that was given to me by her family after she passed away in 2014. She […]Cazzorla
- My Tractor: 1957 January 15, 2020Picture taken June, 1957 in Maryville TN. Picture of me, Robbie Roberson. I was about 3 years old.Revolverman
- 24th Infantry Regiment January 21, 2020In reply to Two Bits: 1940: An all black unit founded in 1869 and participated in combat in numerous wars. The motto "San Juan" on the unit insignia on the hat and lapels commemorates the regiment's participation in capturing San Juan Hill during the Spanish-American War. They were utilized at the Infantry School at Fort […]alexinv
- Price of Gasoline January 20, 2020In reply to GAS: 1939: It's difficult to see the prices on the other pumps, but the middle one indicates 14 and a fraction cents per gallon. According to the inflation calculator, that's about $2.60 per gallon today, which is the current national average.wxman1
- Save As You Shop: 4 of the Best Rebate Apps January 20, 2020Now that it seems like pretty much everyone and their mother has a smartphone, new types of apps seem to be popping up all the time. And some of these apps are extremely helpful. For example, by using rebate apps, you can get cash back and other reimbursements when you provide a proof of purchase for […]Connie
- Best Poker Table January 18, 2020Top 10 Poker Table Poker Table Comparison HomCom View Giantex View Giantex 48 View Trademark View Fat Cat View Trademark Deluxe View Firstand View...Jonathan Maxwell
- It’s Monday What Are You Reading #143 January 20, 2020It’s Monday What Are You Reading? is a weekly reading roundup is hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. This is technically a weekly meme but I don’t read fast enough to make that worthwhile so I generally post it every two or three weeks but sometimes more often depending on how many books I’ve […]suziqoregon
- PVC-Free Adhesive Cord Cover January 18, 2020Question from Melissa I’m having trouble finding PVC-free adhesive cord covers to cover my long ethernet cables in the house. Optimally they are like these ones, but PVC-free: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KFP5SJ8/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AIVUHJ2NABNJF&psc=1 Lisa’s Answer All of the plastic covers that I found were PVC. Would you consider a fabric cover? It would be safer to avoid the […]Lisa Powers
- Old Tupperware January 18, 2020Question from Theresa I have pieces of Tupperware that are now 30 years old in my kitchen. I’d like to make use of it, but am wary of old plastics. Is there any health threat from it? What about 20-year-old Rubbermaid storage containers? Lisa’s Answer BPA has been used in plastic since the 1940’s. […]Lisa Powers
- Salad Bistro November 21, 2019My garden is like a salad bistro from November through April. The weather is perfect and nothing says “al fresco” like a Florida winter. In my garden, I grow a variety of lettuce, brassicas, and roots–all perfect for a healthy salad. However, eating salad every day can get boring. Yes, I said it out loud. […]gardenfrisk
- Rust and Beans November 4, 2019Rust is a fungal disease that commonly occurs in Florida where it’s warm and humid. Most beans are susceptible to Rust. The disease generally occurs only during prolonged periods of warm, wet and/or humid weather. Rust refers to a variety of fungus, exists in at least 35 pathotypes and is extremely variable. Symptoms develop on leaves […]gardenfrisk
- Honey & Lemon Sore Throat Candy Drops December 11, 2019These yummy herbal candy drops are made with lemon and honey to help soothe sore throats and coughs. A common home remedy for soothing sore throats is lemon juice mixed with honey; however, that isn’t always easy to swallow, especially if you’re a kid. That’s where these tasty little sore throat candy drops come in. […]Jan @ The Nerdy Farm Wife
- bonhomie January 21, 2020Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day for January 21, 2020 is: bonhomie \bah-nuh-MEE\ noun : good-natured easy friendliness Examples: "For older athletes, the bonhomie among teammates and rivals who have spent years sprinting or skating together, or boxing one another out under the rim, is often as important as the exercise. Many have become […]Merriam-Webster
- Robert Downey Jr. says his Tropic Thunder role "blasted the cap on the issue" of blackface January 21, 2020Now that Robert Downey Jr. has been released from the publicity-friendly constraints of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the former Iron Man is free to say and do whatever he wants—like star in a $175 million CGI nightmare with talking animals which culminates in his befriending a dragon by removing an object from its…Read more...Britt Hayes on News, shared by Britt Hayes to The A.V. Club
- See, when two people love each other very much, they document their sex life with Powerpoint graphs January 21, 2020Alright, kids. Have a seat for just a moment. We have something very important we’ve been meaning to discuss with you. We know you probably have some questions about what you stumble across on the internet from time to time. Everyone does, honestly. It’s nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about, but we wanted to…Read […]Andrew Paul on News, shared by Andrew Paul to The A.V. Club
- How Our Cartoon President stays topical in an ever-changing political climate January 21, 2020Outside of South Park, animated television series don’t necessarily have a reputation for being topical thanks to the artful, painstaking process of old-school animation. And that’s what makes Showtime’s Our Cartoon President such an ambitious series, lampooning that day-to-day of an administration whose endless…Read more...Cameron Scheetz on TV Club, shared by Cameron Scheetz to The A.V. Club
- A gay teen discovers himself at summer camp in this Flamer first look January 21, 2020Adolescence can be a frightening period for young gay men, who are suddenly faced with new sexual feelings that can often conflict with social pressures placed on them by family, friends, and the media. Mike Curato explores this tumultuous period in his new Godwin Books graphic novel, Flamer, a semi-autobiographical…Read more...Oliver Sava on AUX, shared by Oliver Sava to The A.V. Club
- Iran may have a fleet of communist killer dolphins January 21, 2020Editor's Note: This article by Blake Stilwell originally appeared on Military.com, a leading source of news for the military and veteran community.Iran has some surprising weapons at its disposal. In a 2002 U.S. military exercise that pitted Iran against an invasion from an American task force, the general in command of the opposition was retired […]Blake Stilwell, Military.com
- ‘We constantly have them on our minds’ — A little-known agency searches all over for the remains of MIA service members January 20, 2020The 80-minute ride each day to the site in Lang Son Province, Vietnam, through mostly unspoiled forestland and fields, reminded Air Force Master Sgt. Aliah Reyes a little of her hometown back in Maine.The Eliot native recently returned from a 45-day mission to the Southeast Asian country, where she was part of a team conducting […]Eric Russell, Portland Press Herald, Maine
- Skillet Mushroom Chicken Thighs January 19, 2020Golden brown, super juicy, tender chicken smothered in a garlicky, mushroom butter sauce. 30 min. So quick, so so good! Chicken thighs. Cremini mushrooms. Tons of garlic. All the butter. And fresh thyme. The five key ingredients to a dinner I had every day this entire week. No, wait, I had pizza on Friday but I […]Chungah @ Damn Delicious
- Meal Prep Chicken – 3 Ways January 15, 2020How to meal prep chicken for the entire week! Salsa verde, lemon pepper + orange chicken marinades included. SO GOOD, SO EASY! Hello to the best kind of chicken meal prep for the entire week! One recipe. Three marinades. Three epic marinades – salsa verde, lemon pepper and orange chicken. You’ll need 1.5 pounds of […]Chungah @ Damn Delicious
- Lamingtons January 21, 2020There is no cake more Australian than Lamingtons! A moist butter sponge dipped in chocolate then coated with coconut, this is The Cake sold at every suburban bakery and weekend fundraisers. You’ll get coconut everywhere making them and eating them. But that’s all part of the Aussie experience. It’s how we do it Down Under!🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺 Lamingtons –... […]Nagi
- Vegetable Stir Fry January 20, 2020This is a Vegetable Stir Fry to make your own. Use it for any veggies you want, and serve it as a main or as a side dish with any Asian food. The tasty Chinese brown sauce is just like you get from Chinese restaurants and will make any veg totally scoff-able. And there’s a generous... […]Nagi