Dissatisfaction exists whether we want it to, but how we deal with it makes all the difference.
I am not afraid. I was born to do this.
Joan of Arc
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; argument is an exchange of ignorance.
journalist and humorist
“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”
Go within every day and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out.
Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult problems.
Everything good that’s ever happened to me came out of helping others.
Helping others is the key duty for everyone on this earth who is remotely capable to do so.
Quotes October 25, 2018
- Filed under Quotes
Dissatisfaction exists whether we want it to, but how we deal with it makes all the difference.
- AEDC 3-Year Outlook Luncheon August 7, 2020The Anchorage Economic Development Corporation (AEDC) hosted its annual 3-Year Outlook presentation on Wednesday. Like many things these days, it was held virtually with attendees able to listen via Zoom. The video will be available in coming weeks for those who weren’t able to listen live. Mayor Ethan Berkowitz opened...Katie Bender
- COVID-19 outbreak at Juneau’s Kensington Mine grows to 19 August 13, 2020Coeur Alaska’s Kensington Mine reported Wednesday that number of employees testing positive for the coronavirus had risen to 19. And that number could still rise. Juneau city officials say tests for 94 of the 210 workers at the mine are still pending.Jacob Resneck, CoastAlaska - Juneau
- U.S. Treasury Inspector General warns property purchases might not be acceptable use of CARES Act funds August 13, 2020Federal officials cautioned the Anchorage municipality that the plan to purchase properties for a substance treatment center and housing for people experiencing homelessness may not fall within the allowable use for CARES Act funds.Kavitha George, Alaska Public Media - Anchorage
- how the brain reads -- 8/13/20 August 13, 2020Today's encore selection - from Overcoming Dyslexia by Sally Shaywitz, M.D. Recent research using magnetic resonance imaging has provided neuroscientists with a clearer picture of which parts of the brain are responsible for reading -- and how the brain develops over time into a sophisticated reading machine: "Imaging studies have identified at least two neural […]
- the invention of crop rotation -- 8/12/20 August 12, 2020Today's selection -- from The Year 1000: When Explorers Connected the World―and Globalization Began by Valerie Hansen. With the invention of crop rotation came the proliferation of villages: "The population of Western Europe also rose as the residents adopted far-reaching changes in agriculture, which the British historian R. I. Moore has called 'cerealization.' They planted […]
- Day 154: 2020 Pandemic. WHAT CAN CAUSE THE COLLAPSE OF CIVILIZATION? August 12, 2020World War III. The use of nuclear, biological and chemical weapons on a large scale. A series of local conflicts that disrupt trade and commerce on an international level. Water shortages. This is one of the most glaring threats to our world. Many places in the world already lack clean water. I predict that wars […]Bob
- Recent Research Spreadsheets November 30, 2016Our students have compiled research in three topic areas. Below are the links to their research tables that can be downloaded for searching and viewing. For a state-by-state review of Mandatory Reporter laws, click here. For a state-by-state review of Background Check laws, click...feigleycommunications
- 2016 Legislative Drafting Students November 15, 2016Our students spent the summer working on the inaugural project of the LDICP. Through their extensive research, massive databases of information on state statutes regarding the abuse of children ave been created and will be posted here as their work is finalized. Here are...feigleycommunications
- 12 Tips To Write Tight – by Debbie Burke… August 13, 2020on Anne R. Allen: No one less than Stephen King has passed along some career-changing advice. “I got a scribbled comment that changed the way I rewrote my fiction once and forever. Jotted below the machine-generated signature of the editor was this mot: “Not bad, but PUFFY. You need to revise for length. Formula: 2nd […]The Story Reading Ape
- veep. August 12, 2020kamala harris, in the beginning “A patriot is not someone who condones the conduct of our country whatever it does. It is someone who fights every day for the ideals of the country, whatever it takes.” – Kamala Harris – The Truths We Hold: An American Journey/2019 — photo credit: la […]beth
- Bureau of Indian Education: Open schools or else August 13, 2020School opening during pandemic is a confusing, deadly challenge for reservation residentsMary Annette Pember
- Immortal Wars: The Summoning Part 31 #fiction #throwback August 13, 2020(Previously on Immortal Wars.) (Again, we shall revel in my teenage originality. Everyone groan in unison.) Disclaimer: Immortal Wars was the book I came up with and wrote in high school. I hadn’t even hit college by the time I wrote the … Continue reading →Charles Yallowitz
- Smorgasbord Blog Magazine – #Italian Cookery with Silvia Todesco – #Dessert- Puff pastry and apples roses: what a cute and yummy recipe! August 12, 2020Welcome to the Italian Cookery column with Silvia Todesco, and this month a mouth watering dessert that will be an instant hit with the family and whilst not originally Italian, Silvia has put her talented twist to the recipe. Puff … Continue reading →Smorgasbord - Variety is the Spice of Life.
- Happy Middle Child Day August 12, 2020Yes, it’s a real thing.bluebird of bitterness
- It’s Too Peopley Out There July 3, 2020We live in the most perfect area to have a staycation. The gulf with its white sand beaches are only five minutes away. We have the best restaurants with fresh seafood and seats with the best views. The charter fishing experience is top notch. Evidently, this is not a best kept secret anymore. The only […]Elle Knowles
- Breaking Reins August 6, 2020'Breaking Reins' is a 13-minute gem of a film-- cut with precision, and sparkling with the truth of human experience. Epic themes fold into it compactly: Love and loss, grief's stranglehold, Nature's alchemy, and the resurrection of unbridled hope. Directed by a 14-year-old, shot over less than 2 days, and starring a first-time actor who […]
- opening your mind : a workbook for self-discovery June 17, 2020Throughout the years of working on Positively Present, I've discovered that one of the most essential aspects of living a positive and present life is this: keeping an open mind. This sounds much easier than it is, so I created a digital workbook to explore what I believe are the necessary steps needed to truly […]positively present
- Every car alarm, every house alarm, every dog that could bark… August 12, 2020… was set off by one particular lightning strike and peel of thunder last night. It was.. impressive. Otherwheres had … MoreIan Hutson
- Review: The Man in Gull Cottage by Caroline Clemmons from Last Chance Beach: Summer's End August 11, 2020I'm reading the stories in Last Chance Beach: Summer's End, and I'm reviewing them one story at a time.Thursday I reviewed Something New by Liz Flaherty. Sunday I reviewed I Do...Again by Nancy Fraser.Today, I'm reviewing The Man in Gull Cottage by Caroline Clemmons.She faces a hard decision; he encourages her to choose with her heart. Will the […]Joan Reeves
- Prog Rock and Progressive Activism May 24, 2020Progressive Rock Through the AgesBy: Stewart BrennanProgressive Rock is one of several experimental genres that evolved out of Rock n Roll in mid 1960’s. It was a purely creative genre that carried at its initial core, reflections of morality, philosophies, political views and the social economic conditions of the times.The genre had a wide range […]Stewart
- Lucile Doll Wise, 43-7 | August 2, 2018 August 17, 2018"Jacqueline Cochran was looking for WASP. They told me I would have to be interviewed and they would contact me when they came to the Wichita area. But I didn’t wait for that. I went down to Houston for my interview, to speed things up. And I think that’s one of the smartest things I […]Unknown
- Jean McCreery, 44-W-10. |. May 10, 2018 July 20, 2018"My first flight was with a barnstormer at the age of five. I loved it! I also tried to 'fly' out of the barn loft with an umbrella. This was less than successful..." WASP Jean Terrell McCreery, 44-10 The indomitable Marguerite Jean Terrell Moreo McCreery has "...slipped the surly bonds of Earth. And danced the skies on […]Unknown
- The Promise of Tomorrow – The Spectacular 1953 GM Motorama August 13, 2020In 1953 General Motors pulled out all the stops and unveiled its new and elaborate Motorama shows at the beginning of a six-city tour held at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City. Exhibited at the spectacular presentations were the LeSabre, Buick XP-300 and Wildcat, Pontiac La Parisienne, Oldsmobile Starfire, Cadillac LeMans, and Orleans...David Greenlees
- Trailer Camping on the Great American Summer Road Trip August 12, 2020It’s that time of the year again when wanderlust and a need for a change in scenery have traditionally put some Americans on the road towing their accommodations behind them searching for the perfect campsite. This year due to Covid-19, camping has become a popular way to travel again instead of staying in a hotel....David Greenlees
- Earn $6,000/mo Passive Income with Stock Footage (no prior experience!) May 23, 2020Stock footage might not sound too sexy or fun, but this is an easy one to start and doesn’t require any start up funding. In fact, you can start with your smartphone camera. Ready? You Ready Are You Ready GIF from Youready GIFs What is stock footage and how does it work? Stock footage […]Gundi Gabrielle
- 343N: SCI FI YA book about female doctor on hot dry planet August 11, 2020Any help would be hella appreciated!!!! I read this book a long time ago and would love to read it again! What I remember: it’s on a different planet that is very very hot and dry and there is a … Continue reading →admin
- Meet the Characters of A Guy Walks Into My Bar by Lauren Blakely August 11, 2020MEET THE CHARACTERS OF A GUY WALKS INTO MY BAR by #1 NYT BESTSELLING AUTHOR LAUREN BLAKELY We are so excited to bring you a special sneak peek this week of the characters from Lauren Blakely’s A GUY WALKS INTO MY BAR!! I am in the middle of listening to an ARC of Lauren Blakely’s […]Ana's Attic
- Morning Mail: 1938 August 13, 2020November 1938. "Morning mail at the Mineral King cooperative farm, Farm Security Administration, Tulare County, California. Old ranch house, California type, in the background. Buildings will be replaced by modern structures suitable to community farming." Medium format acetate negative by Dorothea Lange for the FSA. View full size.Dave
- High Lonesome: 1940 August 12, 2020September 1940. "Rooming house and lodge hall at Silverton, Colorado." Medium format acetate negative by Russell Lee for the Farm Security Administration. View full size.Dave
- News Depot: 1902 July 28, 20201902. "Fort Monroe, Old Point Comfort, Virginia." Home to the gaudily attired News Depot. 8x10 inch dry plate glass negative, Detroit Photographic Company. View full size.Dave
- Avila Beach July 21, 2020After suffering a bloody shin incident, there was still a smile ready for the camera. My aunt Margaret and father Don were frequent visitors to Avila Beach when growing up in San Luis Obispo, CA. 1933. View full size.Westcoaster
- The joys of unit banking August 13, 2020In reply to Bank Shot: 1940: Up until bank deregulation in the mid 1980's, Colorado was a unit banking state, and a very restrictive one at that. Banks coudn't do any business, even back office or IT (computer) functions, in more than one building. This finally resulted in banks having very large buildings like the […]alexinv
- Different Building August 13, 2020In reply to Bank Shot: 1940: Where the First National Bank once stood, a Brutalist-tinged Wells Fargo now hulks: For reference (check the matching notches in the background mountain): Main Street, Montrose, 1939.dream and vapour
- 10 Impressive Ways to Be Romantic and Surprise Your Partner August 12, 2020Romance and surprises are necessary to add spark to your relationship. With some extra efforts, you can prove that a relationship is essential in your life. Remember, a relation needs nourishment, love and kindness. Surprises may include lighthearted fun, relationship contentment, tender interactions and intimacy. Fortunately, you can surprise your partner within your budget and […]Heather
- Breaking 100 August 6, 2020So you want to break 100? This likely means you’re trying golf for the first time. There are roughly 60 million golfers worldwide and...Jonathan Maxwell
- Wordless Wednesday #539 February 12, 2020Signs of Spring For more Wordless Wednesday, Click here.suziqoregon
- Is Ceramic Dishware Safe? August 12, 2020Most ceramic dishware is safe to use as long as it doesn’t contain leachable lead or cadmium. Lead in Ceramics Lead has traditionally been used in ceramic glazes and decorations to give it a glasslike finish and allow colors and patterns to show through. Lead exposure is a serious health concern and every exposure is […]Lisa Powers
- Vinyl Peel Stick Flooring August 6, 2020Question from Echo II have vinyl peel and stick flooring in three rooms in my house. They are about 3-4 years old. I want to remove or cover them all as I have small children. Do I need to remove it completely and then cover it? If I cover it with ceramic tile or organic […]Lisa Powers
- Sun Hemp Cover Crop August 12, 2020Sun hemp is a perfect cover crop for building the quality of your soil. And soil is everything when it comes to the garden. Soil provides nutrients for plants to be absorbed via their roots and retains moisture for the plant. Well-aerated soil is important and can be achieved by adding compost to your soil. […]gardenfrisk
- Successful Pineapple Harvest July 31, 2020At last, I have achieved a successful pineapple harvest from my backyard garden. It didn’t require much effort, but it did require patience. Years of patience. Generally pineapples take about two and a half years to harvest. On the advice of a friend, I planted these pineapple four and five years ago. He said it […]gardenfrisk
- catch-22 August 13, 2020Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day for August 13, 2020 is: catch-22 \KATCH-twen-tee-TOO\ noun 1 : a problematic situation for which the only solution is denied by a circumstance inherent in the problem or by a rule; also : the circumstance or rule that denies a solution 2 a : an illogical, unreasonable, or […]Merriam-Webster
- Infinity Train’s third season is now boarding August 13, 2020Here’s what’s happening in the world of television for Thursday, August 13. All times are Eastern.Read more...Allison Shoemaker on TV Club, shared by Allison Shoemaker to The A.V. Club
- The gap year: 24 hours of Y2K TV August 13, 2020The year 2000 was a transitional one for TV, which might speak to the number of teen-centered stories on the air. The premiere of The Sopranos in 1999 helped usher in another golden age of television, its second season heralding the time when, according to some critics, TV became art. The West Wing was starting […]The A.V. Club on TV Club, shared by Danette Chavez to The A.V. Club
- The Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. showrunners reveal the plan behind that grand series finale August 13, 2020Note: The following interview contains spoilers for the final two episodes of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. You can read our review of them here.Read more...Alex McLevy on TV Club, shared by Alex McLevy to The A.V. Club
- Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. ends with massive spectacle and a bittersweet goodbye August 13, 2020“Here’s to us. Who’s like us? Damn few.”Read more...Alex McLevy on TV Club, shared by Alex McLevy to The A.V. Club
- Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork August 9, 2020The easiest + BEST pulled pork ever! Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce. So smoky, so flavorful, so juicy, and SO SO GOOD. Hello, summer. Please don’t leave us just yet. I’m not ready for the Chiberia snow. (FACTS ONLY – it snowed Halloween day in 2019.) No, but really, let’s get back to the […]Chungah @ Damn Delicious
- Easy Grilled Vegetables August 2, 2020Perfectly crisp-tender grilled veggies served with an amazing, tangy, garlicky basil sauce. You’ll want this sauce on everything! I’ll be honest. I’m not entirely the biggest veggie-eater. Nope, my priorities are typically on bread, pasta, anything with cheese, more bread, and maybe more pasta. But if they’re grilled, I will eat every single vegetable there […]Chungah @ Damn Delicious
- Cooking in the Time of Pandemic August 5, 2020My sister and I were talking a few days ago. She said, “I’m tired of having to provide meals day in and day out.” Yeah, me too. In normal times, we like going to restaurants. And, of course, we can still get carryout. But it’s not the same experience. I do feel guilty about not […]Rebecca York
- Harvest Time Recipe by @Donna_Fasano August 3, 2020I went to a local farmer’s market yesterday and discovered that it’s HARVEST TIME. I bought eggplants, tomatoes, a red onion, and some peaches. Yum! Today, I made a veggie bake that turned out really delicious. Here’s my simple harvest time recipe: Eggplant Tomato Parmesan Bake 4 baby eggplant, peeled and sliced lengthwise2/3 cup seasoned […]Donna Fasano
- Here are military housing officials' 'outrageous' responses to residents' concerns August 13, 2020"Just because your husband is deployed doesn't mean we won't kick you out of housing."Patricia Kime, Military.com
- The Space Force is sorry about this 'clumsy' tweet about the Space Force August 13, 2020The U.S. Space Force may have a growing command structure and expansive doctrine, but it's missing something critical to the sixth branch of the U.S. armed forces' success: peopleJared Keller