Breakfast Links are served! Our weekly round-up of fav links to other web sites, articles, blogs, and images via Twitter.
• The “Flying Mountains”, an 18thc roller coaster in Catherine the Great’s gardens at Tsarskoe Selo.
• Cleopatra Selene, the only daughter of Cleopatra and Antony, was an important ruler in her own right.
• The modernity of the Victorian men’s white dress shirt.
• It’s not always the daughter who elopes: rebellious son Philip Jeremiah Schuyler did (and dropped out of college, too) in 1788.
• Image: A 1953 advertisement featuring travel-friendly synthetic fibers.
• Frederick Marryat and the ghostly Brown Lady of Raynham Hall.
• Spalted wood and the lost Renaissance art of intarsia.
• Sweet death: honey and bees in death rituals.
• Image: The 1958 Smart Witch: a “smart bike for smart girls.”